Don’t we all love the sweet smell of a home cooked breakfast? If there’s one thing that can instantly brighten up your morning, it’s biting into a breakfast sandwich made with a Sweet Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage.
In the world of breakfast, few things compare to the joy of savoring sweet maple pork sausage. With the health benefits of homemade goodness, the ease of making patties or crumbles, and a variety of cooking methods at your disposal, you’re well on your way to breakfast bliss. Whether you’re a fan of breakfast sandwiches, solo sausage and eggs, breakfast burritos, or hearty casseroles, this versatile delight has you covered. So, embrace the joy of homemade sausage and elevate your mornings with a burst of flavor and a dose of convenience. Happy breakfasting!
The Healthier Side of Sausage
Before we embark on this savory journey, let’s talk about why homemade sausage is a healthier choice. When you craft your own sausage, you have complete control over the ingredients, making it easier to opt for leaner cuts of meat, reduce sodium, and skip additives and preservatives commonly found in store-bought versions. It’s a delicious way to enjoy a protein-packed breakfast without the guilt.
What You’ll Need:
Ground Pork- 2 pounds of ground pork is what I use, but if you would like to make this lighter you can swap out half for ground chicken or turkey.
Pepper- I prefer using coarse ground for this recipe, but use what you have on hand.
Chili Flakes- I love my Korean Chili Flakes, it gets used any chance I have because they have a lovely flavor and aren’t overly spicy. If you want to heat things up, add the regular crushed pepper flakes. I do suggest using half the amount.
Fresh or Granulated Garlic
Maple Syrup- That quintessential breakfast sweetness… maple syrup. Pairs beautifully with in sausage with the other ingredients.
Versatile Cooking: Sizzle It Your Way
Once you’ve made your sweet maple pork sausage, it’s time to decide how you want to cook it. Here are a few mouthwatering options:
Air Fryer: Pop those sausage patties or crumbles in your air fryer for a crisp and juicy result. It’s a fantastic way to achieve that delightful texture without excessive oil
Oven Baking: Place your sausage crumbles on a baking sheet and let the oven work its magic. Baking ensures even cooking and minimal fuss – perfect for a hassle-free breakfast.
Skillet: A trusty 12-inch skillet is a classic choice for cooking sausage. Let them sizzle to perfection, flipping them for an even sear. Plus, you can make a quick pan gravy with the drippings! You can even cook them as crumbles if you prefer.
Electric Griddle: If you’re whipping up a breakfast feast for a crowd, the electric griddle is your best friend. It provides ample space to cook multiple patties or crumbles simultaneously.
Storing & Freezing
Batch cooking your Sweet Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage is a smart move. To freeze, simply cool the cooked patties or crumbles, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Don’t forget to separate them with parchment paper to prevent sticking. They’ll stay delicious for up to three months, ready to save you time on those hectic mornings.
Serving Suggestions: Get Creative!
Breakfast Sandwiches: Add a sausage patty between a warm English muffin, biscuit or even leftover hamburger buns. Top off with a fried egg and a slice of cheese if you wish for the perfect breakfast sandwich.
Sunny Side Up: Serve your sausage alongside sunny-side-up eggs and a medley of fresh fruit for a balanced and satisfying breakfast.
Breakfast Burritos: Create hearty breakfast burritos by adding scrambled eggs, cheese, and your cooked sausage crumbles to a tortilla. Roll it up and enjoy a handheld breakfast feast.
Casseroles: Get inventive with breakfast casseroles by layering your sausage with hash browns, cheese, and eggs. Bake until golden brown and bubbly for a crowd-pleasing dish
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check these out!
If you try making this Sweet Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage, tag me on Instagram. Comment & rate below!
Subscribe today for FREE weekly recipes sent directly to your inbox!
Sweet Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Air-Fryer or Large Skillet
- 1 Ice-Cream Scoop optional
- ` Digital Food Thermometer, optional
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Korean chili flakes, or red chili flakes if you prefer more heat.
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cloves minced garlic, or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all of your ingredients.
- Use an ice-cream scoop for a 1/4 cup serving size. Scoop the meat mixture into your hands and round it off. Flatten slightly onto a cutting board, wax paper, or butcher paper. Form approximately 12-14 patties.
- Cook in the air-fryer at 350 F or in a lightly oiled frying pan on medium heat for about 15 minutes. The cooked internal temperature will be165 F.
- If you prefer crumbles, cook in the lightly oiled frying pan on medium heat as you would ground beef for approximately 12-15 minutes, until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Whether you cook them in the air-fryer or skillet, drain on a paper towel lined plate or with a slotted spoon.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.