This the perfect pizza to make at home that has familiar flavors but just isn’t the standard toppings. This recipe uses Alfredo, a white sauce made with cream and a blend of cheeses. Top it off tender grilled chicken & crispy bacon, add a pop of color with healthy spinach, and finish it off with shredded mozzarella for a meal the whole family will crave.
I love use flatbread, whether it’s pre-made or homemade… it’s just easier to toss on a baking sheet and make a few pizzas. Whether you serve this family style, as personal pizzas, or part of an appetizer table at a party, I love the simplicity of it.
Joy Makers & Co. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
What You’ll Need:
Flatbread– You will need about 4 flatbreads that are roughly 8″. You can use store-bought or follow my recipe for a homemade version using a bread machine.
Alfredo Sauce– Grab a jar of your favorite sauce. My favorite is a scratch-made version prepared in my blender.
Grilled Chicken- I like to use boneless thighs because they tend to be less dry after baking in the oven. But you can use breast or shredded rotisserie.
Bacon- I like to pre-cook my bacon the day before, chop it up and toss it in the fridge for making these pizzas the next day. If you have any leftover, it goes great on salads.
Chopped Fresh Spinach
Mozzarella- I buy a 1-pound block and shred it myself. It melts a lot better than the pre-shredded stuff. Use what you have, it will still taste great.
Italian Parsley & Korean Chili Flakes– These are optional garnishes. I use the Korean Chili Flakes to add flavor and garnish SO many of my dishes. I always buy the big bag and never regret it, it’s usually gone by the end of the year. It’s fabulous stuff. Not too spicy, plenty of flavor and perfect on pizza.
Baking Sheets- I use two large baking sheets that are about 21″x15″.
Silicone Baking Mats or Parchment Paper- To make clean up easier and prevent burning, line your pans.
Alfredo Chicken & Bacon Flatbread Pizzas
- 1-2 large sheet pans
- parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- 4 8-10 inch flatbread, homemade or store-bought
- 8 ounces alfredo sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 8-10 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4-6 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 large handfuls spinach, chopped
- 2 chicken thighs or breast, grilled & chopped
- Italian parsley & Korean chili flakes for garnish
- Prepare your toppings, pre-heat the oven to 375 F, and line your baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Place your flatbreads on the baking sheets and divide the alfredo sauce evenly between the breads. About 1/4 cup each. Use as much or as little as you like.
- Start layering the remaining ingredients. Add the chicken, bacon, and spinach. Top it off with a layer of cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese it nice and melted.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with the parsley & chili flakes. Serve hot.